Tashkent State pedagogical University named after Nizami was founded on September 14, 1935, by the Decree ('1364) of the Commissariat of education of the Republic of Uzbekistan on a base of Pedagogical faculty of Central Asian state University.
University belligerency was given to Tashkent State pedagogical Institute on February 2, 1998, with 77th Decree of Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Our university is a basic institution of Higher Education in the sphere of preparing pedagogical fellows and stuff for academic lyceums, professional colleges.
In our university students from foreign (South Korea) and collaboration of Independent countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan) are studying.
Tashkent State pedagogical University named after Nizami is one of the best institutions of Higher Education. Territory of University is 77074,25 square meters, 24694 of territory is educational building. There are 11 faculties, 66 doctors of science, professors and academicians, 225 candidates of science, docents, more than 400 teachers in our University. 7 educational buildings, 8 dormitories take place in our university. An educational-field and health station, which is situated on mountain Khumson, Tashkent vilayat (territory 6,5 hectare) and agrobiologic station, which is situated on Tuzel village Kibray region Tashkent vilayat (territory 13,5 hectare) are being used by students and teachers of our University.